My research focuses on the interplay between the governance of business systems, the labour market and social policy. I have written extensively about the transformation and dynamics of the German political economy in a comparative context and the role of labour and policy-making.
Current and Recent Research Projects
- Governing Work in the Knowledge-based Economy (with John Zysman, Laura Tyson, Martin Kenney, Wolfgang Schröder and Markus Helfen)
- National Growth Strategies and Welfare State Reforms (with Bruno Palier)
- European Labour Mobility (with Bettina Wagner)
- State, Risk and Society (STARS) (with Karen Anderson, Deborah Mabbett, Marek Naczyk, Waltraud Schelkle, Tobias Wiß) (2015-2018)
- Expert Group Workers' Voice (with Sophia von Verschuer, Nicole Helmerich) (2015-2018)